Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hiking and Photography

Ever year I go on a backpacking trip with some family and friends. This year we did the Rae Lakes Loop in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. I was really excited to go this year because of my new camera. I have always taken my camera and taken photos for the group. So with a new camera in hand and 50 miles a head of me I was ready to go. Two things I didn't think of, One being my new camera is a lot larger than a standard PAS (point and shoot) and two, where the heck am I actually going to put this things while I am hiking. When I started out I had the camera around my neck, but after three or four miles of hiking, I realized it was not going to work. The camera kept bouncing around and I felt like I was carrying a grind stone around my neck. I put the camera in the top of my pack, hoping this would allow for easy access. It didn't. I don't know if many of you backpack, but for those of you who do, you know it is no easy task to take your pack on and off, especially if you are doing so just to take a quick pic. So needless to say I did not take as many photos as I would have liked. Of the photos I did take I have not found many that I like. Over the next few days I will go through and try and find some to edit and post.

No comments: